Traveling with kids can be full of fun memories but challenging if not prepared.
“Are we there yet” ? A question every parent dreads having to answer.Whether you are road tripping or flying,there is time to pass and kids to keep happy. While many resort to Ipads and movies, I believe in limiting screen time. So while unplugged here are my top nine books to help keep kids occupied while traveling.
1.Baby’s First Slide and See Farm is perfect for babies with busy hands. Full of bright colors, fun characters and slides that easily move, this will keep your little one engaged and exploring. Little children will love making the animals move around or reveal themselves by manipulating the simple sliders.
2. General Knowledge Trivia book is the perfect size for travel that is full of fun trivia questions. Lots of fun questions on topics like kings, explorers, animals, movies and more. Great for car rides and one the whole family can get in on. One that is sure to be a memory maker.
3. Pocket Books: Natural Wonders is the perfect travel companion for kid’s who love facts. This book is pocket-sized and full of gorgeous, colorful pictures paired with bite sized chunks of facts, about the natural wonders of the world. There are 5 other book in this series that will help your child learn about the world around them.
4.Travel Games Pad is a tear-off pad that is packed full of ideas inspiring children to get busy during a journey – all you need is a pen or pencil (no special equipment required). With 200 activity sheets included, this is the perfect companion for long journeys.
5. 100 Things To Do On A Car Trip is travel friendly and perfect to keep in the car for road trips. Filled with mazes, word searches, crossword puzzles, things to draw and so much more. Great to keep busy minds content while traveling.
6. Animal Doodles are a set of 50 double-sided wipe clean cards that are animal themed. Cards are full of mazes,puzzles, and doodling that will allow your kiddo to create to their heart’s content. Comes with a special pen, making the pack entirely self-contained, easily portable and a great gift. A great parenting hack is if you can hole-punch the corners and put them on key rings to make an easy activity while traveling. No more making sure all the cards stay together in the pack!
7. Brain Games is packed full of activities that will help grow your child’s curiosity and brain power! Lots of Mind-bending puzzles and riddles to put the whole family’s brain power to the test. With over 50 colorfully illustrated games, riddles and puzzles, such as dividing up the sea ice for the bears to fish on, helping Tabby the cat escape from the well and finding the route through a rabbit warren. These activities will help your children to develop essential skills such as spotting, counting and matching. Answers are available at the back of the book.
8. 100 Things For Children To Do On A Trip is another one of our popular wipe clean card sets that includes 50 double-sided cards and a wipe clean marker. Every card is different – some doodling, some puzzles, or mazes which will definitely fight boredom.
9. Travel Pocket Puzzle Book includes over 100 pages packed full of travel-themed activities in this pocket-sized puzzle book – the ultimate boredom buster. Contains mazes, picture puzzles, word searches, number problems and much more (with all of the answers at the back of the book). Great for tossing into a backpack or suitcase.
Whether you are flying, cruising or road tripping these books will keep your kiddos happy, content and learning (without them even realising it). Have a trip coming up? Why not be prepared and stock up on some of Usborne’s best travel companions.
Want to see more ? Browse my book shop here